Friday, April 15, 2011

Harsh Lesson On What's Really A Treat

So today marked the end of three work weeks worth of being paleo.  I thought, you know, I've been pretty good with this, so I'll treat myself for a meal.  I went to McDonald's, grabbed three of their sausage breakfast burritos, a medium coke, and had a Snickers once I got in to work for the first taste of sweet I've had in a while.

Sweet mercy.

I've been dragging ass all day.  Robb Wolf always talks about "How do you look, feel, and perform?"  I can answer that easily.  Like absolute crap right now.  And here it is 7 hours after the fact, and I still feel this way.  The moral of the story is that when you eat what you're supposed to for even just 11 days straight it becomes a whole lot easier to tell the difference of what happens to your body when you give it even a little junk to run on.

On the plus side, I'm back in the saddle as of lunch and had leftovers from last night's tasty lemon, garlic and onion stuffed chicken breast.  Think I'll grab the kid when I get home and head to the local natural foods store to see if I can find the elusive unsweetened coconut flakes I've been searching for so I can make some coconut bark to satisfy future sweet tooth attacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment